Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, April 7, 2008

The Mundanes of Life

Do you ever just long to be able to shirk the mundane tasks of life such as taking a shower, fixing your hair, doing the dishes, etc. and just walk with Jesus. I guess I am feeling that way this morning as we try to catch up in life being gone from home the last two weekends. Sometimes I just long to sit all morning with my Savior and read and pray and enjoy, but then I feel like I must get going and not be lazy or the "getting ready" of life just distracts me. I started to wonder about life in the Garden of Eden. Did Eve have to worry about being clean or cleaning up the garden floor? It seems that they were not distracted my mundane life and that there "perfect" bodies may have been self-cleaning. I know this is a weird thought, and Austin chuckled at me as I asked what he thought about this--theologically speaking. Of course, all of this is speculation, so don't think me a heretic. I just would long to have a week of walking perfectly with God...but I guess that is a desire that we all have...a longing that will only be fulfilled at the culmination of time as we will once again walk with our Savior undistracted. For those who have children, I know this is probably even more of a desire! I pray for all of us that we will have a moment in our day where we get to truly walk in the garden with Jesus.

1 comments:

Linsey said...

Yes, it is Kasey McMillan...please link my page to your page to get the word out. From what I am getting from Alicia Beasley's phone call today, things aren't looking very good, but there is still hope!