Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Hard Working Hubby

Ok so I know many of you are proud of your husband for how hard he works, so your like so what your husband works hard! I just want to exhort my husband publicly and say what an awesome job he is doing as an army chaplain. He has taken on a whole new world/culture, and ministers to around 600 soldiers. He has already untiringly counseled hurting soldiers and their families in suicide, marriage difficulties, infidelity, depression, etc. He gets up early almost every morning and some weekends to go run up hills...mind you I'm still in bed hitting the snooze button and curling back up for a few extra z's. He not only works a typical "8-5" job, but is on call all the time. He has a phone for that and they use it...alot!! He answers and dresses and heads out for emergency situations. He goes to meetings, has to prepare briefings, does pre marital counseling, works out (again), plans for retreats, and much more than I can even name. He will go out into the field sometimes overnight, sometimes until way past his new 9pm bedtime, and sometimes for a week! Just to talk to soldiers about their issues and give them a chance to corporately worship God. All of this AND he is preparing for a month long training away in winter and a year long deployment in late spring. Austin is truly my hero. I am very proud and so blessed to have such a hard working husband who still finds time to take me out to Chic-fil-a for dinner or converse with me even though he is practically falling asleep! A man stopped us one morning we were having a quick cup of coffee before he had to go to work and said thank you for serving our country. I was beaming with pride. Austin just shrugged it off because he doesn't feel worthy of it...ah my hero! Makes me even more proud. I am so thankful for all our armed forces who put their lives on the line and for policeman and firefighters as well. You wives should be proud. And I am also thankful for their chaplains, who seek to minister by their presence to these men and women who put their lives on the line everyday!

1 comments:

Alpha 1 Vann Clan said...

Austin, God is using you. Sounds like all your years of preparation for this career are finally paying off. Heather--you sound so happy. I am so glad! Missing you both.
Kim