Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, September 12, 2008

ARMY WIFE DOWN!!



I should have known what with my previous experience with army aerobic classes, but I went anyway! Last night I took a spinning class at the Forest Fitness Center on Fort Carson. If any one has ever been to a spin class, you know that it is quite the workout. Basically, you get your own bike and your instructor leads you for 45min to an hour in biking virtually uphill, sprinting, standing, sitting, and some quad burning hovering that I could only consider as pure torture.

As I walked into class, I met the instructor. She didn't look that tough and was nice enough to ask me if I had been to spinning before and if I needed help with my bike adjustments. Confidently, I smiled hoping she would see all my spinning experience from the last few years. "Yes, I have." I felt confident at this point watching newcomers getting help on how to adjust their bikes and having to take a flyer on spinning. I had this. About half way through I was questioning my sanity...this chic was unsuspectingly tough. I had some soldiers in my class and they were barely making it. This was the hardest spin class I had ever taken. I was NOT about to let this class get to me. Something from deep inside me rose up and I decided I was going to defeat this class and ultimately show that little tough instructor my skills. I was NOT going to wimp out. I spun harder than I ever had...

I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning. I proved my prowess out in the fitness room, but I may not be able to walk today. Will I go back...you bet!!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

You and your spin classes.

Alpha 1 Vann Clan said...

Way to go, Heather! You are so brave!
Kim