Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, January 28, 2008

Our First Year Together!

So on January 27, Austin and I celebrated one year of marriage together! I cannot believe that we have already been married a year. It went so quickly! Of course, we were quite busy. Austin graduated from seminary, we got married, Austin moved into my apartment and two weeks later we were packing up to move to South Carolina where we lived for a month and a half. Austin graduated from Chaplain School and I was there bursting with pride! Then we moved back to Dallas and lived with my in-laws for month while we were waiting for everything to go through for us to move to NY. In May, we made the cross-country move (a very long three days!) to Oswego, NY. During the summer, God used us to begin to plant a collegiate church at Oswego State University! WOW!!

So much has happened, but I think the most awesome thing is that we got to do it all together. God has strengthened us not only in our walk with Him, but in our relationship. We have learned so much about relying on each other and our friendship and love has grown immensely. We have the joy and privilege to spend our days working side by side. Austin has shown that he loves to serve me and that he is always working at being a better and better husband! He amazes me every day! I have gotten to watch him grow into a pastor, a preacher, a great discipler and evangelist! We laugh everyday and never go to bed without a goodnight kiss! I know most of you more experienced married people may say, "Oh you're just newlyweds!" But I hold out hope that we will keep working at loving each other and laughing a lot. Our first year has not been perfect...we have had our shares of trials and challenges, but we have learned to fight through them together! I'm just blessed! I waited 27 years for the love of my life! I am so grateful to my God for bringing the person absolutely perfect for me. Someone who encourages me, but challenges me to be more like Jesus everyday! I love you Austin!! Happy One Year!!!

Thanks to all for letting me share this sappy stuff with you!

3 comments:

Lucy said...

I don't know how long the newlywed phase is supposed to last, but Ryan and I have been married 3 years now and I still feel the same way about him.

Funky Cold Medinas said...

Well, I'm glad somebody got to experience the newlywed phase. We never got it....hope it does last :)

Creitz said...

Hey Guys,

I found your blog when I was looking for your email address. Thanks for emailing me back. It's exciting to see a glimpse into your life through your blog and it looks like you guys are really discovering, learning, growing, and enjoying your time in NY.

We are celebrating 8 months together and it has been great! Meanwhile, I am a full-time pastor and full-time seminary student so my time is crazy. You can see more about what's going on in my life by checking out my blog or my website. Have a great week.