Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, February 21, 2010

6 Months Old Today!

My Little Man,

You are 6 months old today! I cannot believe that you have been with me that long, yet it's hard for me to remember life now without you. You are the biggest joy for me everyday. You make me smile and laugh all day long! Your smile and charm are infectious. Everyone around you has to smile when you look at them with those big blue eyes and sweetly raise your eyebrows at them to let them know you are interested!

Right now, your favorite things to do are eat (of course), jump in your jumper, look at mommy and laugh, play peek-a-boo, and play on your activity mat with all of your toys! You also are very interested in the TV, laptop, cell phone, remotes, etc. You love to grab your feet, and mommy's face! You know how to give me kisses and I love when you grab my face and plant one on me! You are so expressive and I love that! You know how to sit up (still working on sitting up and not falling over at some point), push up on all fours (no crawling yet), roll over from back to front and front to back. You now roll over to your stomach to sleep and can sleep pretty well unswaddled. You sleep most of the time through the night, but still like to see mommy in the middle of the night for a snack every once in awhile! You take 3 pretty good naps a day although I'm never quite sure how long they will be!

This week we will try solid foods (in addition to rice cereal) for the first time and I'm looking forward to trying to make all of your first foods homemade!

Ezra, there is never a dull moment with you. You teach me so much about enjoying every moment of life as I watch you explore and uncover the secrets of your new world. It's amazing to watch you grow, learn, and change and I am so beyond blessed to be your mommy. I know that Daddy can hardly wait to be back here to play with you and teach you things only a daddy can teach you. He's away for now so that he can help soldiers and tell them about Jesus as they fight for our freedom. He loves you just as much as I do! We cannot wait to be a family again with you!

I love you more than words could express. Thank you for brining me joy each day and putting up with me as I learn to be your mommy! Happy 1/2 year Birthday to you!







2 comments:

Matt, Andrea, Luke and Halle said...

so sweet! i remember that 6-month mark with Luke like it was yesterday! i loved that stage so much and sounds like you are too! i made all of luke's food, too ... so easy and fun! :)

Lucy said...

They grow so fast. He's too cute and I love his big blue eyes. Congrats to you as well, I'm sure you're doing a great job as his mommy and kudos on the homemade baby food. I'm looking forward to whipping up some myself in a few months.