Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, August 18, 2008

Transitions

As many of you may know, Austin and I are in a transition time. We just moved last week to Colorado Springs where Austin will be stationed at Fort Carson, CO as an army chaplain. I am so very proud of him for all that God has done in and through him to get him to this place where he will be able to minister to soldiers and serve his country. I am excited about the call God has placed on my heart and life for this type of ministry as well. It is much more new to me (Austin grew up an army brat and a pastor's kid), but I am nonetheless excited and passionate about the ministry to these men and women and their families. My role will be different, but I am excited about the new challenges that lie ahead.

We drove across country this past week from upstate NY to Colorado. We had many tireless hours on the road, but we briefly saw Chicago and many fields of corn in Nebraska--not even kidding there was corn everywhere!! When we reached Colorado Springs Saturday evening, I was completely amazed!! It is amazing! The mountains are everywhere and are the most beautiful backdrop ever. Everytime we go outside, I am thrown by their majesty and beauty. I keep saying, "Whoa, can you believe we live here!" I tried to post pics, but we have bad internet in the hotel, I will post them soon!

Of course, to move to a new place, you must leave an old. That is hard as well. As we went to church Sunday, we dearly missed our Outpouring family in Oswego. We miss our relationships and our comfortable, familiar fellowship. Here, we know no one and it feels sort of lonely. But, we know this is just the season and soon we will become familiar with this place and it will be home. We will always miss our Outpouring friends, but we know that this is where God has us. We are truly blessed as we follow after Him!!

PS. Thanks for those who have been praying for us during our time of loss. Thanks for the comments you have left even if you didn't know what to say. And if you didn't , but wanted to, that's ok too! We are blessed to have godly friends and family who pray for us.

Love,
Heather

4 comments:

Lucy said...

I heart Colorado. You'll love it! It's definately prettier than brown, flat Texas.

Melody Slaton said...

Enjoy Colorado!! We lived in Denver/Evergreen for about two years and we miss it all the time. We'd still live there but we wanted to move back to Texas to be closer to family. If you love to ski, buy a season pass from King Soupers/Safeway in the early fall for cheap.

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me if The Outpouring Church will continue in Oswego with your absence? I am knew to SUNY Oswego and was looking forward to attending the Sunday.

Heather said...

Jeanette...I don't know how to contact you so I'll just leave a comment on here. But, yes, the church is still going strong and meeting on Sundays at 11am in the Campus Center Auditorium Rm 118. I hope you attend!!