Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, November 2, 2009

Everyone Needs a Battle Buddy (or 2!)

In the army, soldiers have battle buddies. Another comrade to look out for them in the heat and unpredictableness of the battle. I think Army wives need the same, especially during the deployment.

Today, as I was walking around running errands, I was thanking God for my battle buddies. Of course, my family would fall into the category of helpful and a blessing to me during this time of separation from Austin. But, nothing compares to people who are walking right there along with you in the same situation. I am blessed to call some very special women my battle buddies!

Kim is one of my battle buddies who is actually staying with me right now. Her and her husband and son are living with us right now. They are about to move to NY and I'm about to have to say goodbye to a very very good friend. Kim and I have only known each other a little over a year, but have been apart of some very big things in each others' lives. I was with her for her whole deployment and she has been with me through about half of mine. She has been my labor coach and was actually there for the birth of Ezra! We have done life together. Right now, she has been an incredible blessing by helping me with Ezra and even feeding him in the middle of the night so I could sleep a whole 8 hours! She has cooked meals now and almost the whole summer for me when Austin and Joe were both deployed. We continually bounce things off each other from relationships and parenting to spiritual things. Man, I'm gonna miss her!

So in many ways I feel like this year is so hard because my husband is gone and I have a new baby... but if not for these things I wouldn't get to know the joy and blessing of this kind of friendship! God has definitely met all my needs during this time and many times it has been with people like Kim!


0 comments: