Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Heading to Romania



In nine days Austin and I along with 8 other church members will be traveling to Romania for a mission trip. We are getting so excited. We will be working with a church and other Romanian Christians to minister to orphans and the poor in Romania. We will be doing some construction to repair a building for the beginnings of Petros Association, a Christian ministry that will reach out to widows and older orphans, abandoned by the government. We will also put on programs for orphanages and give testimonies as well as encourage churches and do prayer ministry in the streets! Romania has just joined the EU, but is still struggling as they have just been coming out of communist rule in the past 10 years or so. They are struggling under uprising prices, but not increasing salaries and jobs. Pray for those who are hurting and we are being called to minister to.

I love going to other countries. This will be like the 12th country I have been to on a mission trip. This trip is even more special because it is my first mission trip as a married woman and I am blessed to get to go with my husband. The Lord allowed us to raise the money we needed for both of us to go! What a joy!! I can't wait to share overseas ministry with my hubbie! Our team is incredible and I think it is going to be a great time. We will be traveling to Vienna, Austria and 2 cities in Romania on our trip and will be gone 17 days. We would love to have your prayers as we travel and minister!

3 comments:

Conry Family said...

How exciting! I will definitely be praying for you guys! You know, I went to Romania for a 2 1/2 week mission trip to work at an orphanage camp. It truly changed my life! I will pray for safe travel and that people will be open and responsive to the Lord and all your hard work! -katy

Janelle and Ella said...

That is so exciting! Can't wait to read about your adventure. My husband is going on his first oversees mission trip too with me next month! We will be doing a similar thing, ministry to widows and orphans in Sudan, Africa.

Kat Creech said...

What an awesome adventure you are about to have. I wish you safe travels.