Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Failure is hard...

It is so easy to share with others when you have successes in life and when things are going well. It's often much harder to divulge your failures and disappointments. So I share this realizing that I am human and not perfect, so that others will feel encouraged.

God is teaching me so much about allowing Him to be in control and to have peace and trust in Him when things don't go my way. As many of you know, I have been working like a mad woman on my thesis for my Masters' from seminary. I had all the plans to graduate this December and I was so proud that I had completed this 100 page paper. I was passionate about the topic because it is about college-church planting which is what we are doing in NY. I was waiting to here back this week from my professor about the changes I would need to make in order for it to be ready to turn in. I knew that it had been more rushed then I liked, but I figured I could at least pull a B. (You can only get an A, a B, or you don't pass and must re-write it.) I never thought I would receive an email stating that there were issues with my thesis that my professor could not pass me on... I was devastated, frustrated, embarrassed, and angry all at once! I cried. I worked so hard, probably harder than any paper I have ever written. I would be ok with a B, but not to pass it...I felt stupid!

My professor assured me that all was not lost, but I would not have time to fix it this semester. So I will have one more semester and then I will graduate. It seems that my professor will be willing to work with me on this topic after I stood my ground and God has given me a peace about it. So I just wanted to share because someone out there might go through a similar situation and we just have to trust God and learn from it!

1 comments:

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

Dave got his Masters paper back a few times, so it looks like you are doing good so far! Hang in there!